Helloo ladies, my name is Carmela Bonito and I’m a Junior Nursing Major, Psychology Minor.
Growing up, I had always wanted to be part of Greek life but when I first got to college I had to put many important things off to the side. After my first semester, I fell incredibly ill with neurological Lyme Disease (which I have now been fighting for 6 years!) Over my first winter break I was finally correctly diagnosed with my 4 year long mystery illness. By that time, it had progressed so much that I had to drop out of college and live at home due to loss of neurological and cognitive function, as well as many other debilitating symptoms. By Fall of my Sophomore year, I was ready to give college another shot and transferred to QU! This past winter break I have finally been regaining my health back and got accepted into the Nursing program!! (so I’ll be here for an extra year, aka an extra year at QU with my new ADPi sisters!) With that, spring formal recruitment became the absolute perfect time for me to join Greek life and get back involved, and now i am so happy :)
Here are a few extra things about me:
1. I am from Westchester, NY and have lived there all my life.
2. I am 50% Italian, then some German and Irish- but culturally, my family is strictly Italian which i love.
3. On the topic of Italian- i have NEVER been to Italy :( but i can understand most of the language and speak a little bit.
4. I transferred to QU my Sophomore year, originally from St. John’s University in Queens, NY- I’m a city girl at heart.
5. I have a 6 year old sister, Gabriella, who is the light of my life and truly a miracle on Earth. (She was born very premature and we were told she would not survive!)
6. I used to play softball, soccer, tumbling gymnastics and dance.
7. I love to write, read, bake, design things, dance around to really loud music when i’m home alone and play video games.
8. Growing up I had a nanny who I spent a majority of time with therefore I grew up with 3 older “brothers”, hence why i love video games so much (Mariokart, FIFA and Call of Duty=favs)
9. Half of my family lives in Washington state so I visit often and it’s one of my favorite places ever! (It’s beautiful and does NOT rain as much as everyone thinks)
10. I have a serious obsession with leopard print..
11. Because I love writing so much, I actually have my own tumblr blog! i’m often too busy to write a lot, but I started it as an outlet for Lyme Disease Awareness and sharing my experience with the disease. Follow Me! :) www.ly2me.tumblr.com